Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ukraine adoption Passports 1-27-09

I have been waiting for this day for 5 months. We got our passports today from Zaporizhzhia. Amazing what $300 in the pocket of the passport manager will do! Passports in 4 days...

Went to the train station here in Melitopal and bought tickets for the train tomorrow night to Kiev... Then medical, embassy and hopefully home Saturday ;-)

On another note I would like to ask everybody that reads this blog to pass along any experience you have had with the agency  "International Family Services". Looks like we will be suing them to get back some of the $40K + we spent on the first attempt to adopt here. It was due to their poor handling of the details of our interface with the SDA that we came home empty handed and had to start all over with other people. I do not want to say too much here , I am sure you can understand.

Thank you all for the support  and prayers you have so freely given to our family

All the best,
Michael

3 comments:

adopting2fromUkraine said...

So excited to see how far you've progressed!

Congratulations!!:)

June

India said...

BLESSED BE!!!!!! I have more nieces!!!!! WOO HOO!! Let me design the book cover!

I love you Michael, Paula, Grace, Nadya and Julia!!

India

tammy said...

Hi,
How exciting for you all as you start your new family!!! Would love to talk to you re some other girls in the orphanage. Heading there with Maggie in March!
Please e-mail me at pwarren322@cfl.rr.com
Blessings,
Tammy