Monday, January 26, 2009

More Ukraine adoption Paperwork!

Sorry that I have not updated the blog lately. There is a small mountain of paperwork that is required after court in preparation for the US Embassy. We made 5 count em... 5 trips to Zaporizhzhia this week so no time to blog! I will outline the process in detail once I get back to my book. 

I was thinking of calling it "75 day on Mars"  an Ukraine adoption survivors guide. Paula's idea :)

If everything goes as planned ( and it rarely does) we will be collecting the girls from the orphanage Wed and heading to Kiev to process out of the country.

Today I am off to the orphanage to throw a little going away party for the girls. I asked the director what we should have for the children and he came back with a list that took us the entire day to fill. It included everything from 600 oranges, to 100 small cakes, lemons, and even 70 bottles of Head and Shoulders shampoo. It was my pleasure to do this for him -  he is a great man and loves his children, He said he bought them all new clothes to take to the USA and very much wants to visit us. Valery is 68 and has been the director for 50 years.

I'll let you know how the day goes - should be alot of fun.

Also, if there are any of you who have Ukraine adoption questions that I might answer to make your journey here easier please let me know.

Michael

1 comment:

Alan said...

Michael, I don't know how to contact you, please send me an email at a DOT pretre AT yahoo DOT com

I am in Ukraine now.

http://pretreadoptionblog.blogspot.com/