Monday, January 26, 2009

Orphanage Party !!!

Today was one of the most memorable in Ukraine. With the help of a translator we went to the orphanage and had a going away party for the girls. They were so proud...

Valery and I had a great lunch and he told me stories of his family, how god saved his life twice, and he made me promise to bring Paul and girls and spend time with he and his wife in Crimea this summer.

I was asked to give a speech to the kids, and as I stood there looking at 94 children without parents, or a home it was all I could do to open my mouth. The words that finally came were probably more for me than them...very emotional and a bit embarrassing.

I got alot of hugs afterward. I only wish Paula had been there to witness the feeling in the room.

After the kids ate oranges, little cakes, etc  we corralled them to have some races for cash... wow, I have never seen kids run so fast! A great day to be sure...

Tomorrow we hope to get the passports from Zaporizhzhia.

Cheers,
 Michael

No comments: