Monday, September 29, 2008

Turn for the worse :(

Hi Everybody,
What an emotional roller coaster! If you have been following our blog you no doubt read a few days ago that Julia was doing great. Well, we spent the weekend with her and in a nut shell she would not talk to us, or even try. Our translator spent an hour talking to her and got nowhere.

Paula and I realized that whatever the problem is, she will never make it in our family. If we cannot communicate and she won't try then she would be very unhappy, and our family would suffer as a result. 

Last night we made a very hard decision - to pull the petition to adopt Julia from the court. We do not know what this will mean other than we may very well be coming home after a month with just our suitcases, and no daughter. Our hope is that we might have a chance to adopt one of the may other girls at the orphanage that were very excited to be with us and REALLY wanted to join our family... I expect by the end of the day today we will have some clarity and hear from our facilitator regarding any options that we may have. 

Please pray for Julia :)

All the best,
Michael

5 comments:

adoptedthree said...

How heartbreaking for you and her. I hope you can still adopt another child that so deserves a family!

Debbie Paul said...

Paula and Mike, my heart goes out to you and I'm keeping all of you in my prayers. What a tough time you must be going through. Take care and know that you are loved by SO many...including me!

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Prayers for all three of you.

Jennifer

India said...

Oh sweeties, The decision that you have made is a guided one. Knowing that the future would bring more disappointment with a foundation like that is, albeit heartbreaking, very wise. Julia is indeed in my prayers and I feel, will be okay. The Universe has the perfect match for you! Focus on seeing the bright, shining smile of your new daughter with an open heart and soon she will be in your arms! No worries, only LOVE!

Joann said...

Oh my. How tragic for you and more so for Julia. I pray that those who are turning her heart against having a family see the light.