Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Waiting....waiting....waiting

So, we are still in Melitopol and waiting to see if the SDA will grant a 3rd referral for us since the first 2 children really didn't want to be adopted.  This is not something that they normally do, but we are hopeful.  We should hear something back Friday or Monday of next week.  

In the meanwhile we are blessed with beautiful weather.  We went to the market this morning. The food is wonderful and cheap.  I couldn't help myself and bought all sorts of fruit and vegetables....if we only had a place in our little hotel where we could prepare it.  The raw sunflower oil here is fabulous.  I bought a bottle and bring it with me to the restaurants for my salads.  We had a great lunch at our favorite restaurant, Classic, for $11.  Included pea soup, mediteranean salad, omelet with greens, and potatoes....Food and clothing are both inexpensive here.

We have decided to stay here instead of going back to Kiev.  There are a couple of girls that we
really enjoyed and would love to take home with us.  The Orphanage Director said it would not
be a problem for us to spend time getting to know them better.  If we get our 3rd appt. with the SDA, we could ask for them.

Keep us in your prayers, Michael and Paula

PS Michelle, I don't know how to respond to your comments other than to write in the blog....our facilitator is Konstantin Yakubenko.


5 comments:

Florida Robin said...

Hi Mike and Paula,
Finally got in the blog spot.
Sorry to hear about Julia, mom has been keeping me up to date so far.

It looks like a beautiful country, the pics were really good.

I know that you all will find the right daughter for you all and the best ever sister for Grace.

I keep checking in, meanwhile, good luck and stay safe.
Love,
Robin

Unknown said...

nope, different person... just wondered!

I do pray you all are given permission to adopt the girls you are getting to know. I know they and you would both be blessed.

Jeri said...

If your facilitator is the same Konstantin Yakubenko, you are working with a man that cares very deeply about the children of Ukraine. The Konstantin I've communicated with via email has pushed for investigations into abuse of some children in some orphanages. Our son was one of them. Please tell him that Jeri, Alex's (formerly known as Anton from Sumy...sounds like Prince,the artist formerly known as Prince huh;-) mom thanks him greatly for his devotion to the kids who need a voice in Ukraine.
I'm guessing its the same person as Konstantin isn't nearly as common as Sergey. Hang in there, you will be guided to the child(ren) that are meant for you. jeri
beemommy58@gmail.com

Debbie Paul said...

You're still in my prayers, Mike and Paula. I'm glad that, at least, the weather is good for you!

Heather Smith & Nina said...

Greetings from Ukraine from Heather as well. I'm sitting in Kiev waiting for a second appointment. I'm scared to death. Feel free to email me privately at hlawrie@itol.com.